10 July 2009

prosecco sorbettato

Weather reports say it's going to stay hot for a few days. Cicadas agree. The summer has been a long time coming this year. Yesterday's peaches at the market and the heat inspired me to pull out my Gelato! book and put together my simple peach sorbet:
5 peaches, peeled and seeded, 2 cups of spring water, and 2/3 cup sugar, all puréed together in the blender. After I chilled the purée in the fridge for a bit, I put it in my ice cream maker, and allora! Refreshing just like this, but even better in a glass of Prosecco, reminiscent of the Bellini cocktails at Harry's Bar.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I can't imagine not liking this Pamela. Or your lovely home for that matter. Looking forward to getting to know you. You can rifle through my blog too if you like! www.mymelange.net I hope to move to Tuscany someday. I love B&B's and have done Innsitting work as well. Sure you don't need help at the Inn? I'll pack my bags and be right over.....

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, and breathe deep.. sit back...I'm happy. I spent a few weeks in Italy two summers ago, and miss it soooo much. I cried when I had to leave Assisi to return to TX, and did so only to get back to my children! (That, and I had no place to live in Assisi....)

    ReplyDelete